Discover an Amazing House for Rent in North Platte, NE
North Platte is the county seat of Nebraska's Lincoln County. It's situated in the southwestern part of the state at the convergence of the North and South Platte rivers, forming the Platte River. Grand Island and Omaha are east of the city. Homes for rent in North Platte afford renters access to all of the amenities they'd expect from a hometown, making settling down in Nebraska easy.
Historical Facts About North Platte
- Gen. Greenville Dodge laid out the plans for North Platte for the Union Pacific Railroad in 1866. The settlement was organized as a city until 1875.
- Many of the first settlers of North Platte were businessmen, gamblers, explorers and railroad men who crowded the saloons and gave it a reputation for being a rough place to live. It was known as "Little Chicago" for a while because of the many criminal activities in town, but it cleaned up its act in the early 20th century.
Useful Resources for New Renters
- Visit North Platte's official website for more information that will help new renters get situated in the community. The site has everything from event calendars to department contact information, online services, recreation opportunity details and more.
- The Visit North Platte site is a great resource for those who are looking for things to do in the city. It lists featured events, attractions, restaurant recommendations, shopping centers and historical sites that new residents will be interested to check out.
- The North Platte Bulletin and the North Platte Telegraph are two local news sources that aim to keep residents up to date on what's going on in the surrounding area as well as throughout the country. Sports, editorials, opinions, news and lifestyle pieces can all be found on the sites.