Find Houses for Rent in East Meadow, NY
East Meadow is a hamlet in the town of Hempstead on the western end of Long Island. East Meadow abuts East Garden City and Levittown and is home to Nassau University Medical Center. East Meadow is mostly a mix of residential neighborhoods and commercial businesses. The hamlet also has a variety of outdoor recreational facilities in town, like Eisenhower Park, which features a dozen tennis courts, several baseball fields and walking paths and is larger than Manhattan's Central Park. Next to the park is Eisenhower Golf Course, a public place to hit a few balls. Homes for rent in East Meadow are about 45 minutes from Manhattan by car and a little over an hour by train.
Important Information for Future Renters
- The areas now known as East Meadow and Hempstead were originally settled by Native Americans before European settlers in Connecticut sailed across Long Island Sound in 1643. Much of Hempstead, now filled with family homes, was an expansive plain that was used for farming up through the early 20th century.
- In 1869, A.T. Stewart, who was one of the wealthiest people in the U.S. at the time because of dry goods and textiles, bought much of what is now East Meadow.
Helpful Resources for Residents
- Children in East Meadow are part of the East Meadow School District. There are nine schools that are part of the district, including two high schools.
- As part of the town of Hempstead, East Meadow residents can benefit from visiting the town's website for important forms, contact information and upcoming events.
- For information on where to shop, eat and visit, East Meadow residents should check out the East Meadow Chamber of Commerce's website.
Live in East Meadow
East Meadow is home to many families who want to live right in the heart of everything without dealing with New York City's congestion.