Discover Houses for Rent in West Hempstead, NY
West Hempstead is a moderately sized hamlet in Nassau County on the western side of Long Island. Located near Garden City and Valley Stream, homes for rent in West Hempstead are technically part of the larger town of Hempstead. Due to it's convenient location, the hamlet is only a 40 minute drive or an hour-long train ride to the shops, restaurant and nightlife of New York City.
Important Resources for Renters in West Hempstead
- Families with children of any age should look into the West Hempstead Union Free School District for a variety of educational opportunities. In addition to many schools in the surrounding areas, West Hempstead offers three elementary schools, a middle school and a high school.
- The website for the larger town of Hempstead includes information on services available to residents, various physical and recreational activities and academic lectures held at the town hall.
Things to Do in West Hempstead
- Part of Hempstead Lake State Park lies within West Hempstead and offers residents three ponds for fishing, 20 tennis courts, playgrounds, basketball courts and several other ways that families can spend a day out in nature.
- The most popular beach on the East Coast, Jones Beach State Park, is located minutes away from West Hempstead. With 6.5 miles of white-sand beaches, Jones Beach attracts nearly 8 million visitors annually.
- The main line of the Long Island Rail runs along the northern border of West Hempstead, providing car-free access to Manhattan or the rest of Long Island to residents.
Make a Life in West Hempstead
West Hempstead is the perfect suburb - not too far from the city to be without conveniences, but not so close that families are distracted by the hustle and bustle of New York.