Search for Houses for Rent in Bolivia, NC
Bolivia is a charming town in Brunswick County, located only a few miles from the town of St. James. Families exploring homes for rent will find quaint neighborhoods in a small, close-knit community with plenty of attractions and sources of entertainment.
Facts for Renters
- Brunswick County was named after the town of Brunswick, which was named in honor of King George I, the Duke of Brunswick and Lunenberg.
- In 1975, the County Seat was moved from Southport to its current location directly below Bolivia.
- Due to its location near the coast, Brunswick's fishing industry made the county a center for trade after it was established. However, agriculture was also a major contributor to the county's economy, as the county was and still is filled with farmers who grow corn, berries, tobacco, and raise various types of livestock.
- Bolivia is located just a short drive from the North Carolina coast, where residents will find breathtaking beaches and seaside communities that make the area a major tourist attraction.
- Brunswick County offers many glimpses into the region's colonial and Civil War history. The Bald Head Island Lighthouse, - also known as "Old Baldy" - the Brunswick Inn, Fort Johnston, and the Orton Plantation only a few of the historic sites found throughout the county.
- The Silver Coast Winery opened in 2002 featuring some of the finest vino and wine tastings, as well as beer tasting events. The wine lovers' escape is located right on the beach - a 30 minute drive from Bolivia.
Resources for Renters