Discover Awesome Houses for Rent in Shallotte, NC
Shallotte is a community that's found in North Carolina's Brunswick County near Wilmington and Fayetteville, excellent cities with stellar locations for residents of Shallotte to explore. Families searching for homes for rent have a number of superb places, amenities and cultural institutions to visit within the community, such as the Purple Onion Cafe, Camp United Methodist Church and more.
Historical Facts About Shallotte
- The Shallotte River passes through the community.The river has been called by other names throughout the community's history. A traveler originally referred to the river as Charlotte River, but officials later settled on its current name.
- The town was named after the river.
- Shallotte's origins date back to the 1700s.
- The community was officially incorporated in the spring of 1899.
- Prominent economic industries in the town's early history included agriculture and the shipping that the community's location afforded.
- The community's motto is "Big City Business, Small Town Style."
Helpful Resources for Renters
- Renters can check out Shallotte's official website to learn more about the vibrant community. There's a summary of the community's demographic information and places of interests. Shallotte's website also offers details on the numerous services that will be available to residents while living in Shallotte. These include events in town, town government and town departments, contact information and more.
- The Brunswick County Chamber of Commerce has a site that will be instructive for residents of Shallotte interested in the business community in the surrounding area. The chamber offers a number of resources regarding business, such as a business directory. The chamber also has plenty of information on other related topics, such as events that the chamber hosts, how to become a member and the benefits of becoming a member and more.