Discover Houses for Rent in Salisbury, NC
Although some renters will look for residencies within a few miles of Raleigh, Winston-Salem and other major cities in North Carolina, Salisbury can give prospective residents a variety of unique benefits. Located almost perfectly between Winston-Salem and Charlotte, Salisbury is a quaint city with a lot to offer, and there's a nice diversity of homes for rent in the area as well.
Fun Facts About Salisbury
- Located in the Piedmont Region of North Carolina and Rowan County, Salisbury is part of a historic walking tour that highlights the foundational aspects of the city's past.
- Former President Andrew Jackson studied law in Salisbury, while his desk is still available to be viewed at the Rowan Museum.
- The city's local newspaper, the Salisbury Post, was started back in 1905, while it's still running strong as a premier daily publication.
- Salisbury was established in 1753, more than two decades before the Declaration of Independence was signed.
Notable Salisbury Resources
- The City of Salisbury government website is extremely intuitive and well maintained, and offers plenty of information about public works and other goings-on in the area.
- Prospective residents who want to get a better feel of life in Salisbury should consider taking a look at the Salisbury Post's website.
- Residents can also refer to the Visit Salisbury website to access information about attractions and events.
Things to Do in Salisbury
One of the most beloved parts of this city is the historic downtown area, which is home to a variety of local shops, specialty wine and beer stores, antique parlors, restaurants and much more. When walking through the downtown Salisbury streets, renters will be able to learn more about the state's history while accessing plenty of live entertainment throughout the year.