Discover Awesome Houses for Rent in Summerfield, NC
Summerfield is a town in North Carolina's Guilford County, found in the north of the state near the Virginia border and close to Winston-Salem. Homes for rent in the community offer access to parks, schools, churches and more, which help to make the community an excellent place for families to settle in, given Summerfield's friendly atmosphere and stellar institutions.
Historical Facts About Summerfield
- The founder of Summerfield, Charles Bruce, was famed for his role in the Revolutionary War.
- Summerfield was officially incorporated late in its history, in 1996.
- The town holds an annual Founders' Day festival and parade in the spring.
- Prominent civic groups in Summerfield include Veterans of Foreign Wars, Tabitha Ministry and more.
- The town's motto is "Respectful of the Past, Focused on the Future."
- Summerfield is found in the Piedmont region of North Carolina.
- The geography of Summerfield is sprawling, with open and wooded countrysides being dominant parts of the town's landscape. Commercial development is not as extensive in Summerfield as in other North Carolina locations.
Helpful Resources for Renters
- Check out the Town of Summerfield's official website to gain perspective on the new town, helpful for renters new to the area. On display are details about town news and notices, staff contacts, Summerfield committees, parks and recreation, the town's social media resources and more.
- The Northwest Observer is a newspaper that serves the needs of communities in northwest Guilford County. The newspaper shows a number of local topics that the paper covers, from community news to profiles of students in the community.
- Perusing the official site for Guilford County Schools can help parents in Summerfield familiarize themselves with the educational opportunities for their children in Summerfield. The district provides a wealth of information on the district, its departments, employees, community, careers, news, upcoming events, quick links and more.