113 Houses for Rent in Avon, Ohio
Number of Bedrooms
Avon House Options
Nearby Zip Codes
Find Houses for Rent in Avon, OH
Just south of Avon Lake, Ohio, and 15 miles west of Cleveland, the city of Avon is a wonderful place to find a home for rent. Avon is split into just two neighborhoods, making for a tight-knit community. With plenty of green space, good schools, a low crime rate and a relatively new status as a city, Avon is a great place to raise a family.
5 Things Renters Should Know About Avon
- Avon is part of the Cleveland-Lorain-Elyria metropolitan area.
- Originally known simply as Township Number 7, the area now called Avon was renamed Avon Township in 1824.
- Avon is located in Lorain County.
- Avon became a city in 1961 as a result of rapid population growth in the 1950s.
- Interstate 90 and routes 83, 254 and 611 run through Avon, making transportation to other areas of Ohio simple.
Helpful Information for Avon Renters
- Are you planning to raise children in Avon? Visit the Avon Local School District website for more information about the city's school system.
- Need to contact the city government or register for an intramural sports league through the Parks & Recreation Department? Browse Avon's official website.
- Before booking a tee time at Avon Oaks Country Club, take a look at the weather forecast.
Things to Do in and Around Avon
People who live in Avon can stroll through Miller Nature Preserve, picnic in Veterans Park or Schwartz Park, and go golfing at Hillard Lakes Golf Club. Renters can also take a short drive to the shores of Lake Erie, take a day trip to Cleveland or visit the Hickories Museum. Popular restaurants in Avon include Rush Inn Bar & Grille, Vintage House Cafe and Creekside Brewhouse & Tavern.