Locate Houses for Rent in Westlake, OH
Enjoy the family-friendly community of Westlake. This delightful community has a picturesque downtown center with plenty of brownstones and locally owned and operated businesses. Homes for rent in this city come in a wide range of architectural styles due to the evolving history of the community. The city is located in Cuyahoga County and is considered to be an affluent suburb of Cleveland, which is about 15 miles to the east of Westlake.
Fun Facts About Westlake
- Westlake was first settled by two families in October 1810, when the region was officially part of the Connecticut Western Reserve. When the area was first settled, it was referred to as Dover until 1940, when the village was renamed Westlake to avoid confusion with another city in Ohio that was named Dover.
- Residents are able to stay active at one of the city's many parks. There are four parks and a designated recreation center, which include the Westlake Recreation Center, Clague Park, Roman Park, Tri-City Park and Bradley Nature Park.
- Westlake locals don't have to go far for medical attention. The St. John Medical Center, Westlake Family Health Center, University Hospitals Health Systems, Westlake Medical Center and Cleveland Clinic Health System Imaging Center are all available for those who need medical treatment.
2 Resources for Westlake Renters
- Westlake locals can access city departments and learn about available city services by visiting the metro's official website.
- The City of Westlake Community Access Channel 20/21 provides residents and visitors with information about city department meetings and local events.
What to Do in and Around Westlake
Residents who want to gain a new skill or earn their degree can take courses at Cleveland State University - West Center or at the Corporate College and Workforce Solutions, which is a division of Cuyahoga Community College. Because of the local universities, many musical acts, comedians and other entertainment shows travel through the area.