Discover Homes for Rent in Batavia
Batavia is a town located just over an hour southeast of Dayton. It's part of Clermont County, which is one of the oldest counties in Ohio. It was established in 1800. The local community is a mixture of commercial and residential establishments. Children can attend grades "K" through 12 in the Batavia School System . They can later attend U.C. Clermont college, a branch of the University of Cincinnati, that's within the city limits. Batavia's small-town charm and convenient location near bustling cities make it a great place for families who are looking for homes for rent.
Interesting facts about Batavia
- Batavia has a past rich in American history. The first settler was Ezekiel Dimmitt. He arrived in town during the fall of 1797 and built his home where the post office is currently located.
- Locals believe the city was named by some early settlers who were from Batavia, New York.
- Ulysses S. Grant, commander of the Union armies during the American Civil War, was born in a nearby city called Pleasant Point in 1822. He proceeded to become the youngest president of the United States during that time period.
- The area also has ties to World War II. Check out an actual aircraft that's been preserved from the war at the Tri-State Warbird Museum. Many veterans and aviation experts have contributed to the museum's collection of facts and materials. The location also hosts educational tours and aircraft shows for kids and parents.
Information for Renters
- Visit the city's official website to learn more about parks and recreation, emergency services and a list of local schools.
- The Chamber of Commerce has more on local news and government as well as information for small businesses.