Discover Houses for Rent in Mason, OH
Mason is a city located in Warren County. It's approximately 30 minutes from Cincinnati. Homes for rent allow families to take a day trip to King's Island, watch tennis at the Western Southern Open or dive in at the Beach Waterpark.
Facts for Renters
- In 1803, the city was founded by Revolutionary War hero William Mason. He paid $1,700 at an auction and built what is now known as downtown Mason. After Mason's death, more acres of land were added to quickly growing community. Initially, the city was known as Palmyra.
- In 1835, residents wanted to correct the town name and change the spelling. They discovered it was listed as Kirkwood after the area's postmaster, William Kirkwood. Once the residents learned that the state already had one Palmyra, they decided to change the name to Mason.
- Mason was known as a small farming community for a very long time. However, more settlers arrived and the land was incorporated as a city in 1971.
- Though it's a city, Mason still has small-town charm and often looks back on its humble beginnings. It now has a series of prosperous businesses and is home to some larger manufacturers such as Procter & Gamble.
Resources for Renters
- Learn more about the history of this city and how it turned from a small agricultural community into a prosperous and economic city by visiting the Mason website.
- Find out how to get involved on the school committee or when the next volunteer bake sale is by visiting the Mason City Schools website.
- Get your fix of current events and breaking news by reading Cincinatti.com, which covers all stories for several local counties.