Explore Houses for Rent in Moraine, OH
Moraine is one of the cities that make up Montgomery County and is located close to Kettering and Dayton - two of Ohio's most popular cities. In such a prime location, families looking for homes for rent will find that there's an endless array of activates to partake in, ranging from hiking opportunities to shopping and live entertainment.
Facts for Renters
- The Moraine Township was established in 1953 and was previously a part of the Village of Kettering until residents on the western side voted to separate from the village.
- The area was the site of many important innovations. For example, Orville and Wilbur Wright invented the first airplane, called Kitty Hawks, in nearby Dayton. Shortly afterward, in 1910, Edward Deeds and Charles F. Kettering started the Dayton Engineering Laboratories, or Delco, to manufacture their new automobile ignition systems.
- Moraine has a Teen Program for all residents between the ages of 12 and 15 years old every Monday through Thursday evening at the Gerhardt Civic Center. Each night has a different activity, including movie night and fitness night, providing children with a safe place to relax and meet their neighbors.
- Dayton's Loft Theatre, located less than 5 miles from Moraine, is a popular attraction for visitors and locals, featuring some of the region's most renowned artists and creative minds.
Resources for Renters
- To learn more about the history and the attractions offered by the city of Moraine and the surrounding area of Montgomery County, the county's website includes a detailed description of Montgomery's rich past as well as a list of possible sources of entertainment.
- There are frequent events going on throughout the local school district. To learn more about them and become more involved, visit the Montgomery County Education Service Center website.
The Dayton Daily News services residents of the surrounding area, ensuring that they're informed on trending news stories and events.