Discover Houses for Rent in Tallmadge, OH
Tallmadge is a historic community that offers residents the ideal place to raise a family. The unique city is part of Summit County and is the second oldest city in the county following Hudson. Homes for rent in Tallmadge allow residents to have easy access to many of the nearby metros., In fact, this city is considered to be one of the suburbs of Akron.
3 Facts About Tallmadge
- Tallmadge was founded in 1807 by Reverend David Bacon as one of the key settlements of the Connecticut Western Reserve. The city's greatest landmark is the Tallmadge Circle, which includes a green common area and a large white church with a prominent steeple. Bacon was instrumental in the creation of this focal point of the city.
- Located about 40 miles southeast of Cleveland, Tallmadge is right off Route 91 and has easy access to a few key interstates.
- Residents with children can send their kids to one of the many public institutions serving the area, including: Dunbar Primary, Munroe Elementary, Tallmadge Middle School and Tallmadge High School.
Primary Resources for Renters in Tallmadge
- Visitors and residents alike can make use of the high-quality Tallmadge city website. The resource includes a calendar of current and future events, municipality information and an overview of the city.
- Stay up to date about the latest news in the greater Tallmadge Community by visiting the website for the local newspaper - Tallmadge Express.
What to Do in and Around Tallmadge
Residents who live in Tallmadge are able to participate in a wide variety of entertainment because of its convenient location between the University of Akron and Kent State University, which brings many athletic and artistic events to the area. In addition, the city is about 10 minutes from the Cuyahoga Valley National Park, which provides an excellent opportunity for residents to get outside and explore nature.