Discover Houses for Rent in Cuyahoga Falls, OH
Cuyahoga Falls is a small metro community nestled in central Ohio. Located about 36 miles south of Cleveland and approximately 6 miles north of Akron, this small city provides residents with easy access to other metros and all the amenities they offer. Homes for rent in Cuyahoga Falls are close to a wide variety of entertainment options and the wilds of the natural landscape right outside the downtown area.
Important Facts for Renters in Cuyahoga Falls
- Cuyahoga Falls was founded in 1812 and was originally called Manchester. However, the name was later changed to reflect the Cuyahoga River, which runs south and north of the city.
- The downtown Riverfront District includes a number of architectural features, like a pavilion, stage, amphitheater and interactive water fountain. This allows the city to hold large events like the Falls River Square Festival.
- Cuyahoga Falls was home to one professional sports team, the Cuyahoga Falls Cougars, which was part of the International Basketball League. This team moved from Cuyahoga Falls to Akron in 2006 and was renamed the Akron Cougars.
Resources Available to Cuyahoga Falls Renters
- The city's official website offers a number of resources, including an events calendar, contact information for municipalities and departments and local history.
- Stay on top of current events and everything that's happening in Cuyahoga Falls by visiting the Cuyahoga Falls News Press. This local newspaper has a print and digital edition published regularly.
Things to Do in Cuyahoga Falls
Residents in Cuyahoga Falls are able to participate in a number of activities. Those who want to stay physically active can visit the Ice Rink at Falls River Square or the Natatorium, which has a physical fitness center and aquatic area. Falls River Square is an active downtown area that includes family-friendly dining and retail shops.