Discover Houses for Rent in Lawton, Oklahoma
Lawton is in Comance County. Nearby cities include Duncan, Altus and Wichita Falls. The quaint, lovely city is enveloped by the Wichita Mountains, which makes it a scenic and fun place to live for families who are looking for homes for rent. Bison, elk and prairie dogs roam freely at the Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge, which is open to the public. Watch a breath-taking sunrise or sunset from the refuge. Bring your hiking boots so you can hit the trails to take more photos of the land. When you're spent, retire to Lawton or explore surrounding areas for their dining scenes, cultural institutions and collection of boutiques and shops.
Fun Facts about Lawton
- Pack up the family for a mini-road trip around Oklahoma for some can't miss roadside attractions. The World's Largest Totem Pole is a few short hours away in Foyil - which is also know for it's folk art environment. Pop into Tulsa to see Friendship With Chief Baconrind, Golden Driller: Titanic Oil Man and Oral Roberts Prayer Tower.
- Satiate your craving for some good, old-fashioned Southern comfort food by stopping by John and Cook's Real Pit BBQ. Owner John Weathers started the business right in his own backyard around 1936, then later re-established to its current home on 21th Street.
- Shake off the winter blues at the Myriad Botanical Gardens in Oklahoma City. After you've taken an afternoon stroll through the blossoming fields, retire to the Park House where you can enjoy milk and cookies, or sip on a Bloody Mary while looking out over the sprawling flower beds.
Information for Renters
- Visit Lawton's official website if you'd like to learn more about the local government, or for more information on family-friendly activities.
- Check out the Lawton Fort Sill Chamber of Commerce for membership information.