Find Houses for Rent in Moore, OK
Moore, Okla., is a city in Cleveland County located within the Oklahoma City metropolitan area. It's easy access to the state's capital and the University of Oklahoma have made Moore an attractive and convenient place for families looking for homes for rent.
Key Facts About Moore for Renters
- Moore was founded in 1889 during the historic Land Run. The railroad company first called the city "Verbeck." Later, a railroad employee named Al Moore painted his name on a board, nailing it to a boxcar where he lived to make receiving mail easier. When a postmaster was appointed to the city, he continued to call it Moore. In 1893, the name Moore was legalized when the city was officially incorporated.
- In the 1960s, Moore garnered nationwide attention for its significant expansion and development and attracted many more residents. It remains one of the fastest growing communities in the Oklahoma City area.
- The original town site was just a small area, now known as Old Town or downtown Moore.
Key Resources for Moore Renters
Things to Do in Moore
- Families can experience prime entertainment at the 14-screen Warren Theatre complex with balcony seating, a cocktail bar and dining service.
- The city is also home to Oklahoma's only full-time professional dinner theater, the Yellow Rose Dinner Theater.
- The entire family will enjoy Andy Alligator's Fun Park, where kids and parents can enjoy bumper boating, miniature golfing, batting cages and go-carts.
- A couple of golf courses are located in Moore, including the Broadmoore Golf Course.