Discover Houses for Rent in Henrico, VA
With a cost of living well below the national average, Henrico, Va., is an easy choice for families looking for homes for rent.
6 Interesting Facts for Renters About Henrico
- Early settlers of Henrico gave the county its name to honor Henry Frederick, the Prince of Wales and son of King James I of England.
- The Richmond Coal Basin is located in Henrico County. It's where the English colonies first mined coal and iron.
- Henrico - established in 1634 - is one of the English colonies' original shires, making it one of the oldest political subdivisions in Virginia.
- Pocahontas lived part of her life in what's now the Varina district of Henrico County. Varina was also the first county seat of Henrico.
- Henrico maintains its own road system, making it one of just two counties to do so in the state of Virginia. The Henrico Department of Public Works maintains 1,250 miles of roadway.
- Henrico has the lowest real estate property tax in urban Virginia.
Key Resources for Henrico Renters
- The Henrico County website offers general information about the community and contact information for the local government.
- The Henrico County Public Schools system includes elementary, middle and high schools along with technical and specialty centers. Specialty centers give students a chance to focus their learning experiences to plan for their future careers or meet other personal goals after high school.
- Henrico County now has its own tourism website, which offers information on community events.
Things to Do in Henrico
- Sign the kids up for children's programs throughout the year by visiting the Henrico Parks and Recreation Web page.
- The Richmond International Raceway is located near Henrico, offering Henrico renters a chance to watch NASCAR events.
- Henrico is also home to battlefield sites where General Robert E. Lee and Ulysses S. Grant walked during the Civil War. The Virginia Randolph Museum, a National State Historic Landmark, offers tribute to Henrico's history.