Find Houses for Rent in Herndon, VA
Herndon is part of the Washington, D.C., metropolitan area and sits at the northern border of Fairfax County, Va. This town is known for its diverse population and middle-class ethics. With such a mixed cultural background and plenty of homes for rent, this is an ideal living situation for people looking to work in the city or in Herndon itself. As a place with more than 100 years of history under its belt, residents have a rich and storied community bond.
Things Herndon Renters Need to Know
- Herndon makes up a significant portion of the regional technology corridor. Many people in the communications industry call this area home, as a vast proportion of online and Internet vendors inhabit the town.
- There is ongoing attention being directed toward Herndon's public transit system. Metro rail projects are constantly in the works and bus routes are always being updated to ensure ease of transportation around the region.
- As per the town council's recommendation, Herndon adopted a branding policy toward its local businesses and neighborhoods. That means the region is working toward developing a stronger community sense and is putting more time and effort into public works in the coming years.
Top Resources for Herndon Renters
- The Town of Herndon's official website has a wealth of information regarding places to go, things to see and ways to interact with the community. Residents can find out about parking, leaf and garbage collection, town hall locations and public attractions.
- Herndon Web is a privately run site that facilitates the spread of ideas between residents. The page has links to ongoing blogs and events around town.
More Fun Things to Do Near Herndon Rentals
Apart from historic museums and libraries, Herndon has a series of outdoor events all spring and summer long. These events are often hosted in and around the town hall.