108 Houses for Rent in Auburn, Alabama
Number of Bedrooms
Auburn House Options
Find Houses for Rent in Auburn, AL
The city of Auburn is nestled within Lee County, and boasts one of the largest populations in the eastern part of the state. Known primarily as the home of Auburn University, this popular "college town" offers residents many restaurants, shopping locations, entertainment venues and cultural opportunities. In addition to its thriving businesses, Auburn has also gained recognition as being a prime spot for retirees. Auburn is just a 15 minute drive from neighboring city Opelika, giving those looking for homes for rent in the area plenty of options for recreation and entertainment.
3 Fun Things to Know About Auburn
- Auburn was originally settled in 1836, by former residents of Harris County, Georgia. The settlers were led by Judge John H. Harper, who intended to create a town that would serve as a religious and educational center.
- The city's unofficial name is "The Loveliest City on the Plains." This was taken from the Oliver Goldsmith poem, "The Deserted Village," a famous line of which reads "Sweet Auburn! loveliest village of the plain."
- Auburn University is the proud home of the Auburn Tigers, a mainstay of American collegiate football in the state. The Tigers play in the Football Bowl Subdivision in Division 1 of the National Collegiate Athletic Association and in the Western Division of the Southeastern Conference.
4 Helpful Resources for Renters in Auburn
- To find out more about the city and it's municipal offerings, as well as license and permit information, access the city's online portal.
- Renters looking to learn more about the exciting destinations in their new home city can check out the Auburn and Opelika Tourism Bureau.
- Information about Auburn City Schools K-12 can be found here.
- Those interested in learning more about Auburn University admission, events and information can visit the college website.