Find Houses for Rent in the Exciting City of Anniston, AL
Anniston is the largest city of Calhoun County and makes up the county seat. It is part of the Anniston-Oxford metro area, offering a wide variety of shops, restaurants and entertainment venues. The city of Anniston is ideally located on the slope of the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains, a range that extends from Pennsylvania to Georgia and is part of the larger Appalachian Mountain Range. Those looking for homes for rent in this city will be afforded picturesque mountain views and quick access to all city conveniences.
3 Things to Know About Anniston
- Anniston is called "The Model City" due to its extensive planning initiatives. Atlanta newspaperman Henry W. Grady coined the nickname in the late 19th century, and it's been a point of pride and identity for residents ever since.
- The city has been embarking on a period of renewal in order to keep true to its "model" reputation. Residents are called on to be heavily involved in the reimagining of the city, and can attend meetings to express their ideas, hopes and dreams about the future of their city.
- As a mountain community, Anniston offers numerous parks, trails and other green spaces where residents can enjoy nature amid the bustling city life.
3 Helpful Resources for Renters in Anniston
- Residents can find out more about city planning efforts and how to get involved by visiting the city's official website.
- Residents with school-aged children can find out more about the city's education offerings by visiting the school system's website.
- The latest news on local events and other public happenings can be found within the community newspaper, The Anniston Star, which is available online.