Find Houses for Rent in Birmingham, AL
When most folks think about Alabama, it's the great city of Birmingham that comes to mind. Nestled idyllically in the Appalachian Mountains, this major city is known for its distinctly Southern blend of cultural, educational, social and recreational opportunities. Birmingham is a destination city that encompasses a large part of the Birmingham-Hoover metro area. Those looking for homes for rent in this city will find they'll never run short of things to do or places to visit.
5 Interesting Things to Know About Birmingham
- Birmingham is the largest city in the state of Alabama and serves as the Jefferson County seat.
- The city was founded after the Civil War, in 1871. It takes its name from its sister city in the U.K.
- The region was previously a farming community, then rose to greatness along with the railroads. Iron and steel were also influential industries in the city's origins.
- During the age of manufacturing, Birmingham was referred to as the "Magic City," due to its amazing boom in population.
- Today, the city's economy is primarily driven by banking, medical research and the service industry.
5 Important Resources for Renters in Birmingham
- Renters looking for information on their new hometown can visit Birmingham's Official Website, which contains information on municipal services, license and permit requirements as well as information on the city's historical heritage.
- Parents of children K-12 can turn to the Birmingham City School's website to find information on the different educational opportunities available.
- Older students who are looking forward to attending college in the near future may want to find out more about the University of Alabama at Birmingham.
- New residents who own businesses or are thinking of engaging in an entrepreneurial venture may benefit from contacting the Birmingham Business Alliance.
- Renters wanting to know more about the recreational opportunities in their new city may find out more via the Greater Birmingham Convention and Visitor's Bureau.