Discover Houses for Rent in Smiths Station, AL
On the eastern edge of Alabama lies the small city of Smiths Station, a suburban community near the border town of Phenix City. Homes for rent in Smiths Station also have easy access to Columbus, Ga., which is only 15 minutes away and has no lack of attractions.
Interesting Facts About the Smiths Station Area
- Smiths Station is roughly a mile from the Chattahoochee River, which also serves as a hub for Phenix City and Columbus and a boundary line between Georgia and Alabama.
- The Chattahoochee River, whose name is derived from an Indian term meaning "river of painted rocks," mixes with the Flint River in Lake Seminole. The river is called Apalachicola after this merging at the Florida border.
- Phenix City, a neighbor of Smiths Station, was the town of Brownsville until Feb. 19, 1889. Between the time of the city's name change and 1920, the population grew by more than 30 percent.
Resources for Smiths Station Renters
- Because Smiths Station is located in Lee County, many will find the county's official website helpful for queries about area government and local departments.
- Plenty of useful information about public school options near Smiths Station can be found at the Lee County Schools website.
- The website of the Lee County Revenue Commissioner aims to assist residents with running their businesses by providing a variety of helpful tools.
Recreation in Smiths Station
To explore some of the work of local artists, renters can pay the Sarah West Gallery of Fine Art a visit. The gallery hosts events and exhibitions in addition to services for aspiring craftspeople. Adults looking to socialize and participate in local nightlife can visit the Buck Wild Saloon on the northern side of town. Across the river in Columbus, there are a number of family-friendly activities to enjoy, such as the Coca-Cola Space Science Center.