104 Houses for Rent in Enterprise, Alabama
Number of Bedrooms
Enterprise House Options
Nearby Zip Codes
Looking for more?
Find Houses for Rent in Enterprise, AL
Enterprise is a small city in the southeast corner of Alabama just west of Dothan and near the Georgia and Florida borders. But the city has much more to offer than its great location for families looking for homes for rent in Enterprise. The city's large size makes for a diverse and eclectic population, but the rural location keeps the community safe, friendly and brimming with Southern charm.
Fun Facts for Future Renters
- Enterprise straddles two counties - Dale and Coffee.
- The city began when John Henry Carmichael built a store and surrounding community in 1881. The population really boomed when the Alabama Midland Railway Company came to Enterprise in 1896.
- There's a large statue of a woman holding a boll weevil in the center of town. It reads, "In profound appreciation of the boll weevil and what it has done as the herald of prosperity ..." After the Mexican boll weevil destroyed much of the area's cotton crop in the early 1900s, many people turned to peanuts, which are still a successful and profitable crop in the area.
- The city is home to BamaJam, which has attracted some of the nation's largest rock and country musicians as well as 100,000 visitors a night.
Important Resources for Residents
- Enterprise has 10 public schools for local children as well as a private school, a community college and several nearby universities.
- The Enterprise Police Department works tirelessly to protect and serve the thousands of citizens in the city.
- The City of Enterprise has a variety of services that it offers residents, from simple trash collection and sewer services to farmers markets and other community events.
Live in Enterprise
If your family is looking to live in a place that combines the rural benefits of farm life with the cultural advantages a city provides, look no further than Enterprise.