Find Beautiful Houses for Rent in the Thriving City of Calera, AL
The city of Calera is located in both Chilton County and Shelby County, which means residents there will have twice the number of opportunities to get involved with community events. A small city, Calera has been expanding rapidly in both population and commercial growth. Renters looking for homes for rent in this community will soon find that Calera has a lot to offer, including plenty of restaurants, shopping, entertainment and more. Those looking for adventure may be pleased to find that the larger city of Hoover is just 25 miles north of the city.
3 Things to Know About Calera
- Calera was officially incorporated in 1887. "Calera" comes from the Spanish word for limestone. Limestone deposits are plentiful in the area, and the stone played a major role in the foundation and economical development of the city.
- Calera boasts the Heart of Dixie Railroad Museum, the official railroad museum in the state of Alabama. The railway was also influential in the development of the city, and museum visitors can find trains and paraphernalia dating from the late 19th century all the way to the 1950s.
- Calera is also home to the Shelby County Airport, making the city incredibly accessible for business conventions, tourism and visits from friends and family.
4 Helpful Resources for Renters in Calera
- New residents looking to find out more about Calera can visit the city's official website.
- Residents with children in grades K-12 can learn more about the Calera public education system at the Shelby County Schools Web page.
- Renters interested in local business and commerce can find out more at the Calera Chamber of Commerce.
- Those looking for community news and events can visit Calera's community page on AL.com, a part of the Alabama Media Group.