Find Great Houses for Rent in Dothan, AL
Dothan is a small city in the southeast corner of Alabama near Enterprise and the Florida and Georgia borders. Despite its rural location, Dothan offers residents a large, suburban community surrounded by Route 210. Families will love living in homes for rent in Dothan because of the great local schools, plentiful parks, active downtown area and friendly community.
Important Information for Future Renters
- Dothan is named for an ancient city of the same name mentioned in the Bible.
- This residential city is nicknamed the Peanut Capital of the World because of the high amount of peanuts farmed nearby and processed in the city.
- The city was born in 1885 from communities that had sprung up when settlers in Jacksonville and Savannah traveled west. Dothan had a natural spring that brought travelers in, and some stayed, developing the basis of the community that now exists.
- Dothan has been home to a variety of minor league sports that are associated with major league teams. There are still quite a few sports fields and stadiums for local athletes to practice on in the city.
Helpful Resources for Dothan Citizens
- The Dothan Eagle is the local newspaper as well as the community's voice. With its finger on the pulse of the city's government, high school sports and other local events, the Eagle gives Dothan residents the news they care about.
- The Dothan City Schools system works to incorporate timeless educational values with modern-day technology.
- The City of Dothan tries to give every citizen a voice while protecting and caring for every community member.
Live in Dothan
Families will love homes for rent in Dothan. Not only does the city have a water park that the kids will love, but it has the institutional programs in place that make for a great spot for families to live happily.