Find Houses for Rent in Prattville, AL
Once an industrial town, Prattville is now a thriving community just outside of Montgomery, the capital of Alabama. Because they are part of an active urban area that spans two cities, homes for rent in Prattville are ideal for maintaining an active and exciting lifestyle for all ages.
Things to Know About Prattville
- Because of the artesian wells that were previously a part of the town, Prattville is nicknamed "The Fountain City."
- Prattville got its start when Daniel Pratt, an industrialist hailing from New Hampshire, bought close to 1,000 acres of land from Joseph May in the 1830s.
- A number of factories were active in Prattville by 1860 and were the workplaces of the majority of the town's population of 1,500.
- One of the major companies of early Prattville was the Pratt Gin Company, which processed orders from locales as exotic as South America and Russia.
Helpful Resources for Renters in Prattville
- The official website of the City of Prattville hosts links to assist residents with a variety of community-related issues.
- Those with school-aged children can learn more about local educational options at the Autauga County School System website.
- The Prattville Area Chamber of Commerce website provides information about local businesses and attractions.
At the heart of Prattville lies Pratt Park, home of the only pool of Olympic proportions in central Alabama. In addition to its aquatic amenities, Pratt Park also sports an amphitheater, a walking trail, picnic tables and a small pond. For those who want to get athletic with the kids or with friends, Newtown Park is equipped with four softball fields and five tennis courts. To experience the history of the Autauga County, renters can visit the Prattaugan Museum or, if buying old artifacts is the name of the game, residents can peruse the selection at J & G Flea Market & Antique.