Explore Houses for Rent in Spanish Fort, AL
Spanish Fort is a city in southwestern Alabama with a history that goes back hundreds of years. In addition to being part of a city with a rich heritage, homes for rent in Spanish Fort are just across the water from the populous city of Mobile with its many points of interest.
Historical Highlights of Spanish Fort
- Spanish Fort has been governed by six different regimes since its establishment in 1712. Among the governments that administered to the area were Spain, France, Great Britain and the United States of America, of course.
- When Mobile was created in 1712 by Jean-Baptiste Bienville and inhabited by the French, Spanish Fort served as a trading post.
- Spanish Fort was incorporated as a city in 1993, a choice favored by the citizens over potential appropriation by the City of Daphne.
- The city was the site of the Battle of Spanish Fort in 1865, a significant Civil War conflict.
Helpful Spanish Fort Resources
- Those with entrepreneurial ambitions can learn more about area businesses by visiting the Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce website.
- The municipal website of Spanish Fort offers information about the local lifestyle and government of the city.
Things to Do in Spanish Fort
Family- and child-friendly activities abound in Spanish Fort. For example, Kangarooz Family Fun Center sports inflatable jumpers for kids to bounce in to their heart's content. The center also has a toddler area, a DJ, a music stage and games. To spend some quality time in the great outdoors, renters can visit one of Meaher State Park's myriad campsites or take a walk on one of the green space's nature trails. On the other side of the water, in Mobile, there are even more possibilities, including the Gulf Coast Exploreum Science Center and the Saenger Theatre.