Find Elegant Houses for Rent in Palo Alto, CA
Palo Alto is a city in the northwest part of Santa Clara County, outside of the San Francisco area and Silicon Valley. Palo Alto is a technology hub, and is the home of Google and other large technology companies. Homes for rent allow families to visit the renowned campus of Stanford University, be inspired by innovation at the Computer History Museum in nearby Mountain View or get a glimpse of nature at the Palo Alto Nature Preserve.
Facts for Renters
- Palo Alto is more than 100 years old and was founded by Leland Stanford when he created Stanford University. The city got its name from the redwood trees that sat along the San Francisquito Creek, where Spanish settlers lived.
- In 1906, Palo Alto faced a frightening earthquake. The campus of Stanford and the city were greatly damaged. The residents took the opportunity to revitalize the city.
- The small town was known for its Circus Day, when all function in the town came to a halt to watch entertainment.
- The city is known as "The Birthplace of Silicon Valley" and has a 31-mile dark fiber ring used for internet access.
- Residents of Palo Alto are known to be politically savvy, intelligent and highly sophisticated.
- Many well-known computer businesses began in Palo Alto such as Hewlett-Packard, Apple and Skype.
Resources for Renters
- Learn about the pioneers of innovation, the sights to see at Stanford and why Palo Alto is great on the city's website.
- Find out all the spots for dining, shopping and recreation on Destination Palo Alto.
- For parents interested in enrolling their youngsters in Palo Alto schools in hopes of raising the next innovator, learn how to get started on the Palo Alto Unified School District website.