Search Awesome Houses for Rent in Laguna Niguel, CA
Laguna Niguel is a city in California's Orange County that's located near Laguna Beach and Mission Viejo. Homes for rent in the picturesque city offer renters high-quality living with all the amenities, attractions and opportunities they'd expect from California's coast.
Historical Facts About Laguna Niguel
- "Laguna Niguel" comes from the Spanish word "Laguna," which translates to lagoon, and the word "Nigueli," which was the name of a Juaneno Indian village that used to be near Aliso Creek.
- In 1821, California became part of Mexican territory and rancheros were formed in the area, including Rancho Niguel. It was mainly used as a sheep ranch, and the first private landowner was Juan Avila, who obtained a land grant in 1842. Avila remained the owner of the area even when California became a U.S. territory in 1848. He owned Rancho Niguel until 1865.
- Today's Laguna Niguel was established as the Laguna Niguel Corporation in 1959. It was one of the first master planned communities in California.
Helpful Resources for New Renters
- Check out Laguna Niguel's official website to get to know the city and learn more about how it operates. The site details local government operations, parks and recreation services, insight into the community and online services that new renters may find useful.
- The Laguna Niguel Library is a good resource for those who want to conduct more research on the area or just find entertainment options. The website has event calendars, ebook downloads, hours of operation and more.
- OrangeCounty.net's Laguna Niguel page can help you find things to do in the community. It outlines annual events, helpful links for residents and visitors, historical information and other attractions throughout the county.
- The Laguna Niguel Chamber of Commerce offers more city-related facts, as well as a directory of local businesses. Upcoming events, photos and videos can all be viewed on the site.