Discover Amazing Houses for Rent in Laguna Hills, CA
Laguna Hills is a classy city in California's Orange County that's located near Mission Viejo and Laguna Beach. Homes for rent in the community offer residents access to stunning views, modern amenities and plentiful outdoor recreation opportunities to make life in California a breeze.
Historical Facts About Laguna Hills
- After Mexico won independence from Spain in 1821, men who had served in the government were given land grants to graze cattle. Rancho Lomas de Santiago, Rancho San Joaquin and Rancho Niguel took up the majority of western Saddleback Valley.
- Don Juan Avila owned the 13,000-acre Rancho Niguel that Laguna Hills is located on.
- In 1874, Lewis Moulton bought Rancho Niguel and increased the grant to 22,000 acres. The ranch was used to raise sheep and cattle until it was subdivided in the early 1960s.
- On Dec. 20, 1991, Laguna Hills was officially incorporated as a city.
Helpful Resources for New Renters
- Laguna Hills' official website is a great place to find more information about living in the community. It has government details, parks and recreation information, online services and all kinds of links that new residents can explore to get acquainted with the city.
- The Orange County Sheriff's Department's Laguna Hills page has more facts about the community, including an overview of the city and statistics demonstrating its low crime rate.
- Orange County's official Web page can help new renters learn about the surrounding cities and towns that offer all kinds of additional opportunities and amenities. The site has local news stories, upcoming events and more information that renters will appreciate.
- Parents should visit the Saddleback Valley Unified School District's site to find out more about the local education options. There, they can find registration information, class schedules, outlines of each facility and more.