Uncover Your Next House for Rent in Patterson, CA
Located within Stanislaus County, the city of Patterson can be found roughly 20 miles south of Modesto. With its extensive historical roots and land rich with agricultural opportunities, families interested in homes for rent will find the perfect spot in this rural Californian community.
Fun Patterson Facts for New Renters
- The city's history began with the measuring of the Rancho del Puerto and subsequent land grant to Mariano and Pedro Hernandez on Jan. 30, 1844, by Manuel Micheltoreno, former Governor of the Californias.
- On Jan. 7, 1855, Samuel Reed and Ruben Wade made claim to the land. The patent was signed by President Abraham Lincoln.
- Thomas Patterson designed Patterson, modeling it after the likes of Washington, D.C., and Paris, France, with a smattering of circles and radiating streets. Major roads were lined with palm, eucalyptus and sycamore trees.
- Agriculture is its primary industry, with a wealth of apricot orchards, crops of dry beans and fields full of tomatoes, spinach and melons.
Helpful Resources for New Renters
- Every year, Patterson holds the Apricot Fiesta to celebrate its rich agricultural history, as it's known as the Apricot Capital of the World. With food, drinks, desserts and games, residents can gather to enjoy the sights and sounds of the city.
- The City of Patterson website is full of useful tidbits that residents can use to become more acquainted with the area. It includes city contacts information, calendar of events, legal notices and formal documents that are easy to print from your home.
- The Stanislaus County Library serves the surrounding communities with endless educational opportunities to expand residents' minds. It hosts a variety of events and classes for citizens of all ages, including reading lessons for younger children and computer classes for adults.