Find Coastal Houses for Rent in Bay Harbor Islands, FL
Bay Harbor Islands is a beautiful coastal town located in Miami-Dade County. The town is approximately 25 minutes away from Miami Beach. Homes for rent allow families to enjoy many fun activities. Take a trip to South Beach for fun in the sun, pick up a few new pieces for the wardrobe at the Bal Harbour shops or explore what downtown Miami has to offer.
Facts for Renters
- The Bay Harbor Islands were first founded in 1945 by Shepard Broad. Broad had recently moved to the area and bought two pieces of swamp land between the beach and North Miami. By 1947, the piece of land was recognized as a town and Broad became mayor, serving the area for 26 years.
- Development followed soon thereafter, with the first service station known as the Broad Causeway Cities Service Station popping up in 1953. The Bay Harbor Inn was built a little earlier in 1951. It was initially named the Bay Harbor Hotel, then the Bay Harbor Inn and now is known as the Daddy-O Hotel. It is the only hotel located on the island.
- Today, the Bay Harbor Islands are known as a refuge away from the bustling nearby cities of Miami Beach, Bal Harbour and Miami. The town is home to many clubs, such as the Indian Creek County Club. There also are various restaurants and shops in the town and across the bridge at Bal Harbour. The Kane Concourse is the main strip of the islands that visitors can check out for a bite to eat or a little shopping.
Resources for Renters
- Want to find out more about what there is to do in this small and quaint town? Check out the town's website.
- Renters can enroll their children in one of the three schools located in Bay Harbor Islands by checking out the Dade School District website.
- Read up on all the local news and current events using the well-known Miami Herald, which covers Bay Harbor Islands and the surrounding area.