Discover Houses for Rent in Biscayne Park, FL
Biscayne Park, Fla., used to be a part of Miami, so those looking for homes for rent in the town should know they aren't too far away from South Beach or any other parts of the major city. All of Miami's major attractions - from the beach to some of the best restaurants in the country - are only a short drive away. But if you are looking for something more low-key, there's plenty to do and know about the small town of Biscayne Park.
Facts About Biscayne Park
- A small village, Biscayne Park is a part of Miami-Dade County and was founded in the 1920s by Arthur Griffing.
- The town was finally incorporated in 1933 by a vote of its 113 citizens.
- In 1935, a log cabin was built on the land as a reference to the simplicity of the American frontier days. The cabin still stands today and is used for the town park's center of daily operations.
Important Resources for Biscayne Park Renters
- The village directory provides renters with a number of important contacts.
- The Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce lists resources for those looking to conduct business in the area, as well as some of the more important events happening in the village.
Things to Do in Biscayne Park
- If you're a sports fan, you aren't far away from some of the most popular professional and college teams in the country. The NFL's Miami Dolphins, NHL's Florida Panthers, MLB's Florida Marlins and NBA's Miami Heat are all close-by. The University of Miami also has incredibly popular football and basketball programs.
- Biscayne National Park has some of the best scuba diving and snorkeling in the United States given its abundance of beautiful coral and aquamarine life, and is a great place to go on vacation or just get away for the day.