Discover Houses for Rent in Crystal River, FL
Crystal River is a city in the aptly named Citrus County, situated directly by the Crystal River and Kings Bay. Crystal River is close to Dunnellon. Families and residents searching for homes for rent can eat at Cracker's Bar & Grill, go swimming and kayaking at Hunter Springs Park, schedule a river tour with Sunshine River Tours.
Interesting Facts About Crystal River
- Crystal River was a popular fishing site during its early history, due to the city's ideal location right next to the water.
- The city also had a pivotal role in historical events - for example, Crystal River was the site of blockade runners during the Civil War. The Battle of Crystal River was fought during this war.
- The area around Crystal River was an abundant source of red cedar - the wood from these trees was used for furniture, pencils and cabinets. The prosperity this trade brought to Crystal River was an impetus behind the city's development.
- Countless tourists flock to Crystal River every year - one of the main attractions is the West Indian Manatee which comes to the bodies of water by Crystal River during the winter months.
Resources for Renters
- Crystal River, like many cities in Florida, has an official website. All the pages on the site are hand-tailored to fit the needs of a particular person's interest - for example, there are pages called "For Residents," "For Businesses," "For City Staff," and "For Visitors." The residents page includes information on city projects and water rates, while the page on business has city forms and applications.
- The Citrus County Chamber of Commerce will help a business-inclined resident of Crystal River discover opportunities in the region.
- Citrus County School District's website is an excellent guide for parents.