Discover Great Houses for Rent in Dunnellon, FL
Dunnellon is in Marion County in central Florida, located just north of Citrus Springs and a few miles west of Ocala. Founded in 1887, the city is accessible by U.S. Route 41, making it a great suburban area for commuters. Homes for rent in Dunnellon are located near the Rainbow Springs State Park and the Rainbow River. The area is a popular location for families whose children attend Marion County schools.
Interesting Facts for Future Renters
- Dunnellon was originally populated with miners when phosphate was discovered in the area. The Rainbow River was a popular mining location, as the current carried the valuable element downstream.
- The popular horror movie "Jeepers Creepers" was filmed in and around Dunnellon in 2001. A number of scenes were shot on Tiger Trail, the road that leads to Dunnellon High School.
- Max Lanier, a professional baseball pitcher, retired in Dunnellon. He spent most of his career with the St. Louis Cardinals and pitched the winning game in the 1944 World Series.
- Rainbow Springs State Park is a popular destination for visitors. The area covers more than 1,000 acres and is a great spot for swimming, canoeing and viewing wildlife. There's a full-service campground in the park, as well as gardens, picnic areas and nature trails.
Useful Resources for Renters
- The official website for the City of Dunnellon provides contact information for city officials and departments, updates on public safety and a comprehensive list of local businesses and area attractions.
- Families relocating to the city can find information on Dunnellon High School, home of the Tigers, on the Marion School District website.
Riverland News reports on all the sports, political and community happenings in Dunnellon and the surrounding area.