Find Great Houses for Rent in Jensen Beach, FL
Jensen Beach is a census-designated place along Florida's eastern coast. It's located in Martin County and borders Port St. Lucie and Stuart. The community is a popular destination for food lovers, shoppers and sports enthusiasts, as it hosts a variety of local businesses and recreational activities. Jensen Beach has a number of historical landmarks from the time of its settlement, and homes for rent in the area have access to several good schools.
Interesting Facts for Renters
- Jensen Beach is the sister city of Gregory Town in the Bahamas.
- The community was founded in the late 1800s as an area for pineapple farming. At the peak of its agricultural prosperity in 1895, Jensen Beach exported over 1 million boxes of pineapples and was known as the "Pineapple Capital of the World." However, the harsh winter that year and a number of subsequent fires destroyed the pineapple plantations and led farmers to grow citrus trees instead.
- Jensen Sea Turtle Beach is a popular nesting area for loggerhead, leatherback and green sea turtles. Areas of the beach are cordoned off by the community when the turtles lay their eggs.
- The community hosts the annual Jensen Beach Pineapple Festival in November. It features live music from a variety of popular acts, as well as arts, crafts, food and a carnival.
Useful Resources for Renters
- For information on restaurants, hotels, beaches and recreation in Jensen Beach, renters should visit the community website.
- The Jensen Beach Chamber of Commerce provides all the information renters need about community events like the Pineapple Festival, Fine Art and Craft Show and Jammin' Jensen.
- Because Jensen Beach isn't incorporated, it's governed by Martin County officials. For contact information or to see a list of community services, visit the county's website.