Discover Great Houses for Rent in Fort Pierce, FL
Fort Pierce is in St. Lucie County and the sister city of San Francisco. It's about 15 miles south of Vero Beach on Florida's east coast. The area is home to many cultural attractions, including the historic Lincoln Theater, the Heathcote Botanical Gardens, the Navy UDT-SEAL Museum and the Harbor Branch Oceanographic Institute. Homes for rent in Fort Pierce are a great place to raise a family, as they have access to a number of schools and recreational facilities.
Interesting Facts for Renters
- Fort Pierce, also called the Sunshine City, is located along Florida's "Treasure Coast." The area is called this because of a famous band of pirate ships that sunk off the coast in 1715.
- Fort Pierce was the original home of the Navy SEALS and now hosts the museum honoring this branch of the military. The museum holds a number of rare artifacts from UDT Frogmen who served in World War II. Each year on Veteran's Day weekend, the institute hosts a three-day celebration honoring UDT and SEAL veterans.
Resources for Future Residents
- Renters can find information on local officials, attractions and events on the City of Fort Pierce website. There are also city job listings and instructions on joining local committees and boards.
- The St. Lucie County Chamber of Commerce provides details on businesses in Fort Pierce and the surrounding communities. It's also a great place to find information on upcoming cultural events.
- Families living in Fort Pierce send their children to St. Lucie Public Schools. Parents can access information on enrollment, athletics and academics on the district website.