897 Houses For Rent in Port Saint Lucie, FL
Number of Bedrooms
Port Saint Lucie House Options
Looking for more?
Discover Houses for Rent in Port St. Lucie, FL
Port St. Lucie is a vibrant Florida city located in St. Lucie County. The city is close to Lake Okeechobee and the Atlantic Ocean, on the east coast of Florida next to Fort Pierce. Families searching for homes for rent will find many amenities within Port St. Lucie, such as the Port Saint Lucie Service Plaza, Oak Hammock Park, Lake Forest Recreational Building, River Park Marina and North Fork Saint Lucie River Aquatic Preserve.
Facts About Port St. Lucie and St. Lucie County
- The county derives its name from Spanish explorers, who dubbed it due to their construction of a fort in the area in the 1500s during the feast day of the Roman Catholic Saint Lucia.
- The Florida East Coast Railway's arrival in the area in the late 1800s helped spur the population growth in the county. It also brought new imports to the area, like pineapples.
- The county was first established in 1905. Fort Pierce served as the first county seat. Prior to this, the town had been part of Brevard County.
- There are 21 miles of beach in St. Lucie County.
- The General Development Corporation was instrumental in the founding of Port St. Lucie in 1958. This organization had a large budget that was used to develop a community along the St. Lucie River.
Resources for Renters
- Port St. Lucie's official website provides helpful pages on various aspects of life in the city, like city news stories, the city's departments, city council and jobs. The site also provides renters with useful links, including business and cultural attractions, which will be a helpful guide for new residents in the area.
- St. Lucie County Public Schools has a website that has essential information on education in the county.