Discover Houses for Rent in Margate, FL
Margate, Florida, is the perfect place for individuals who are looking for a community that's relatively close to the ocean, and marries the hustle and bustle of a metropolis with the coziness of a smaller city. While Margate is a large community in its own right, it's also very close to Miami - only a 36-mile drive - which means that young renters wanting to let loose have an outlet and a quiet place to return home.
Margate, in meshing the best qualities of large and small towns, can present dream homes to those who look within the city's walls.
Interesting Facts about Margate
- Margate is a relatively new city - it was founded in the 1950s by John Marquesee, who gave the area its moniker when he blended his last name with the word "gate," and was officially named a city in 1961.
- Margate's "birthday" is recognized citywide on March 30.
- Margate is bigger than city developers initially meant it to be - the plans provided for a 35,000-resident town, a limit that was surpassed in the 1990s.
- The city's fire department was the first to be honored with the National Gold Standard Service Award.
Important Resources for Renters
- If people are new to the area and want to make some improvements to their home or grounds, they should contact the Building Department to ensure they have the right permits and everything is up to code.
- The Parks and Recreation Department is a must for individuals who are seeking out information about fun activities, healthy lifestyles and public parks, as well as other exciting opportunities.
- Older residents or those with visiting senior family members should check out the city's Senior Center, and the social programs and recreational activities offered here.