Discover Houses for Rent in Lighthouse Point, FL
Lighthouse Point is a city in Broward County. Staying true to its name, Lighthouse Point is famed as the site of the Hillsboro Inlet Lighthouse. The city neighbors Deerfield Beach and Pompano Beach on the east coast of Florida. Residents looking for homes for rent will find many innovative places in Lighthouse Point, such as Venetian Isle Shopping Center, Cap's Place Island Restaurant and Bar, Venetian Park, La Bella Rosa Florist and a number of others.
Interesting Facts About Lighthouse Point
- Lighthouse Point was incorporated in 1956. Prior to this, there was debate over whether Lighthouse Point should incorporate, with residents retaining the option to either become part of the City of Pompano Beach or become independent. In 1957, Lighthouse Point received a state charter. This document permitted Lighthouse Point to officially become a city.
- There were many unique natural elements found in the early history of Lighthouse Point, such as mangrove swamps. Farmland was also prominent.
- Lighthouse Point has added land over the years. The Coral Key and Pompano Waterway Estates have been part of the city since 1970.
- Civic improvements in the city's later history were a driving force behind the rise of a number of parks in Lighthouse Point, such as Frank McDonough Park and DeGroff Park.
Resources for Renters
Lighthouse Point's official website has quick and easy-to-read pages on relevant information for renters. A notable example is the various pages listed under the broader "Help Center" page, such as agendas, automatic notifications, bids, building forms, a calendar, city directory and city forms. There are many additional pages on the site, such as residents, events and departments.
- The website for the Lighthouse Point Chamber of Commerce has business resources, a calendar, chamber events, photo galleries and the latest news.