Discover Houses for Rent in Okeechobee, FL
The city of Okeechobee is found in the Florida county with the same name. The city is located along Lake Okeechobee, near locations like Clewiston and Port St. Lucie. Families looking for homes for rent in Okeechobee will find that the city is only two hours from Miami, while a number of sights and attractions within Okeechobee will make it appealing for residents, such as Flagler Park, Beef 'O' Brady's and Okeechobee Music.
Interesting Facts About Okeechobee
- Okeechobee's motto is "Old Values. New Visions."
- The Okeechobee Main Street Arts and Culture Committee displays various art exhibits in the city. An example is found in the committee's "Artist Series," which has featured prominent artists like Robert Butler, who made his name painting wildlife in Florida.
- Nearby Lake Okeechobee is reputed to be the second-biggest freshwater lake in the entire U.S. Bass is the dominant type of fish that thrives in the lake, though there are a number of other fish that inhabit the lake as well, including bluegill, pickerel and crappie.
- Lake Okeechobee Scenic Trail presents residents with the opportunity to see various other kinds of wildlife that live in Okeechobee, such as birds and alligators.
- The city is often referred to as the "Speckled Perch Capital of the World."
Resources for Renters
The city of Okeechobee's website offers a summary and description of life in the city and further breaks down into useful pages such as a city zoning map, a calendar, the city council, agendas, minutes, departments and many more.
Okeechobee's Chamber of Commerce has a website that lists programs, such as "Business After Hours," that renters interested in the business community can browse through to find helpful information. Resources on the site include a member directory, new member benefits, among various others.