Discover Houses for Rent in Stockbridge, GA
Stockbridge is nestled between Interstate 75 and Route 138, which makes this cozy and tight-knit community the best destination for prospective renters in search of an easy commute to and from Atlanta. With homes for rent in Stockbridge, new residents can enjoy the perks of suburban living while still having the excitement of the city within reach.
4 Things Stockbridge Renters Should Keep in Mind
- Situated in the northern tip of Henry County, Stockbridge was founded in 1821, incorporated as a town in 1895 and later as a city in 1920.
- Stockbridge was settled during the antebellum period and notable for its post office, which was approved in 1847. The post office is also where the community took its name - one of the most seminal settlers was Professor Stockbridge, a schoolteacher from the northern U.S., for whom the area was named.
- Stockbridge hosts a number of events throughout the year, including Academy Theater Festivals and events at the Stockbridge Community Arts Center. The city's annual holiday festival features live entertainment, train rides, refreshments and more, making it one of the premier social events of the season.
- Stockbridge has multiple parks, such as Memorial Park, Gardner Park and Clark Community Park - perfect for hosting events, jogging and engaging in a number of recreational activities.
Essential Tips for Stockbridge Renters
- Moving to a new city can be a rich and rewarding experience, but gaining all the knowledge needed to make the transition successfully may be tricky at first. Prospective renters in Stockbridge should head to the city's official website to gain an insider's glimpse into the community's way of life, from upcoming community events to local departments and more.
- There are a number of schools that youngsters from Stockbridge may attend, including four elementary schools. Older children may enroll at Austin Road Middle, Dutchtown Middle, Eagles Landing Middle or Stockbridge Middle School. There are also four high schools within the community.