Set Down Roots in Houses for Rent in Riverdale, GA
Located just 10 miles south of Atlanta, homes for rent in Riverdale are part of the "Southern Crescent" of Georgia. This makes this bedroom community a great destination for commuters and those with growing families who want to escape the hustle and bustle of the city. As the second largest city in Clayton County, Riverdale offers an array of exciting shops, restaurants and recreational opportunities to residents and can be a one-of-a-kind setting to build memories with the family.
3 Facts About Riverdale that Renters Should Know
- Riverdale is a diverse community that was first settled in the 19th century, and became a major hub for cord wood and fertilizer for neighboring communities.
- Named for Mr. and Mrs. W.S. Rivers, an affluent couple who owned land and the business district in the community, Riverdale was officially incorporated into Clayton County in 1908.
- Riverdale is part of historic Clayton County, which is the setting for the revered classic, "Gone With the Wind." One of the major cultural attractions in this area is the Road to Tara Museum, which features exhibits on Margaret Mitchell and memorabilia from the film adaptation of the novel.
Essential Tips for Riverdale Renters
- Everything that you want to know about Riverdale is easy to find by visiting the town's official website. Whether you want to stay informed about local news or gain information about public departments, knowledge is just a click away when you head to the site.
- Riverdale offers a variety of schools, including seven elementary schools, two middle schools and one high school. This can be perfect for your children, no matter what age they may be, and ensures that they have the right tools to begin a great career in learning.