Find Houses for Rent in Center Point, IA
A sense of community abounds in this small city near Cedar Rapids. Homes for rent there give residents access to all the big-city fun without losing the charm of a close-knit, neighborhood experience.
Facts for Renters About Center Point
- Center Point was first settled by an individual named Bartimeas McGonigle in 1839.
- This area is one of the oldest settlements in the county. Settlers flocked to it because of the river and its cedar forests, which offered protection from the elements and timber for building and industry.
- A three-day teacher's institute was held for the first time in Linn County, which Center Point is a part of, in 1859. This was used to help teachers stay fresh on their materials so they could better teach the children. At the time, about 60 teachers attended.
Resources for Renters in Center Point
- The city is part of the Center Point-Urbana Community School District. At the district Web page, parents can learn about the various schools and their events and programs, such as athletics and music.
- The official city website has information for renters on local government, businesses and services.
- Renters can use the Center Point Public Library page to do research, download e books and find information on hours and programs.
Attractions Near Center Point
Center Point has all the basics for renters within the city. The local shops cover needs like groceries and even leave some room for luxuries. The city is also close to Cedar Rapids, which offers excitement in easy day trips. Renters can head over to check out the shopping, museums and restaurants. There's even the Belmont Hill Victorian Bed and Breakfast for Center Point renters who want a weekend of big-city living.