Find Houses for Rent in Sturbridge, MA
Sturbridge is a town in Worcester County, known for it's famous Sturbridge Village. This community isn't far from the Connecticut border and is approximately 40 minutes from the major city of Springfield. Homes for rent in this town are desirable as it's a quaint community with access to many major highways and cities, giving people the best of both worlds.
Aside from its well-known village, there's plenty to do in Sturbridge. Take a walk at the Westville Recreation Area or set up camp at Wells State Park, known for its great views. If you love locally brewed beer, look no further than Hyland Orchard and Brewery, which develops its own microbrewed beer.
Facts for Renters
- The earliest settlers in Sturbridge were Native Americans. Later on, people from Medfield and Dedham came to make a home here, and were given 50 acres of good land and 50 acres of bad land.
- Sturbridge has gone through a few names. It was first named Tantuisquis and then later Dummer. Then it was changed to new Medfield after settlers from the original town. Finally the locals settled on Sturbridge, a town in England.
- Like many towns in western Massachusetts, Sturbridge began as an agricultural community and slowly developed into a manufacturing one. However, parts of both industries still remain in town.
Resources for Renters
- Find out more about Sturbridge Village and the seven villages in this town by checking out the Sturbridge website.
- Figure out what there is to do around town and read about local news stories in the Town Common.
- Learn why the local schools in this area are so reputable by visiting the Tantasqua and Union 61 website.