Find Your Next House for Rent in West Deptford, NJ
A thriving community with several great neighborhoods, West Deptford, N.J., offers a superb environment for professionals to raise their families. Only about a 20-minute commute to Philadelphia and Camden, homes for rent in West Deptford provide that perfect balance between suburban life and access to a number of great things to do.
Interesting Things that West Deptford Renters Should Know
- West Deptford is part of Gloucester County, and was incorporated in 1871.
- The West Deptford Public Schools system serves children from kindergarten through 12th grade. Its high school, West Deptford High School, has an award-winning marching band.
- Public transit options include bus service to Philadelphia via the New Jersey Transit system.
Great Resources for Renters in West Deptford
- The West Deptford section of NJ.com is a good place to find the local news and events that matter to town residents.
- A great place for new residents to engage with their community is the West Deptford Patch, which provides discussion boards, opinion pieces and information about things to do to help people connect. The social media maven will be happy to learn that it has a frequently updated Twitter page as well.
Things to Do in and Around West Deptford
There are so many things to do in West Deptford. Get a bite to eat at one of the local restaurants clustered along Broad St. or head to Deptford Crossing for some great shopping options. Town parks include the Red Bank Battlefield Park, located right on the Delaware River and providing a great vantage point to watch the sunset from, and the 35-acre Union Field, which boasts the "Field of Dreams" playground and a baseball diamond. Golfers can play a round at the RiverWinds Golf and Tennis Club, one of the state's best golf courses.