118 Houses for Rent in Ossining, New York
Number of Bedrooms
Ossining House Options
Nearby Zip Codes
Looking for more?
Find Houses for Rent in Ossining, NY
Situated west of Millwood, this town in Westchester County has two villages: the Village of Ossining and a section of Briarcliff Manor. Families interested in homes for rent in Ossining will love the community's location along the Hudson River.
Fun Facts for New Ossining Residents
- The original region where Ossining resides was first purchased from the Sint Sinck Indians in 1865 by Frederick Philipse. His estate spanned from Spuyten Duyvil Creek, the border between present day Manhattan and the Bronx, to the Croton River.
- The village of Sing Sing was incorporated in 1813, and a new town was created by the New York State Legislature in 1845 from the northern part of the town of Mount Pleasant. In 1881, it considered a name change to Garfield Plains after the assassination of President James Garfield, but the idea was eventually struck down.
Useful Resources for Renters New to Ossining
- The Ossining Historical Society was first organized as a nonprofit organization in 1931 in order to provide residents with education about the history and traditions of Ossining. It holds a collection of books, manuscripts and historical records to serve as a memorial to the town's past.
- The Ossining Public Library was founded in 1893 as the Sing Sing Public Library, and was renamed to its current title in 1901. It serves more than 33,000 people with a wide array of informational resources and programs for citizens of all ages to enjoy.
- Schools in the area are managed by the Ossining Union Free School District, which maintains the educational needs of the surrounding communities' children. Professional and well-trained instructors foster the students' creative minds through valued and unique classes.
What to Do in Ossining
Its proximity along the Hudson River and access to amenities in the surrounding communities make Ossining one of the best places in New York for families to live and relax in tranquility.