Search for Houses for Rent in Browns Summit, NC
Browns Summit is a small, family-oriented town in Guilford County. Located only a short car ride from the city of Greensboro, residents get the best of both worlds with a quaint suburban community and a nearby bustling city. Families exploring homes for rent in Browns Summit will find a wide range of outdoor activities and entertainment surrounding the area's rich culture and art scene.
Facts for Renters
- Guilford County was named after Francis North, the first Earl of Guilford.
- The county is known for its court system. In 1774, the first county jail and courthouse were both established in the center of the county, now known as Guilford Courthouse. The site soon became famous for hosting the well-known confrontation between Gen. Greene and Lord Cornwallis during the Revolutionary War.
- The county's Centennial Station Arts Center is a popular dinner theater that hosts a variety of entertainment for residents, including cabarets, dances, music concerts and plays.
- One of Browns Summit's neighboring cities, High Point, is home to a prestigious Art Council that ensures that the area's focus on the arts stays strong. The council includes, five different sections, such as the Carousel Theatre, the High Point Ballet, the High Point Community Theatre, Community Concerts, and Piedmont Artists, providing endless entertainment.
- There are seven regional parks for families to enjoy, offering biking and hiking trails, lakes for canoeing and picnic areas.
Resources for Renters
- Do you want to learn more about Guilford County's history or see additional sources of entertainment that the area has to offer? Visit the county website.
- For those who wish to become more involved in the county's local school system, check out the Guilford County Schools website for more information on how to get involved.
- The county's newspaper, The News and Record, keeps residents up to date on trending news stories and events.