Find Houses for Rent in Newark, OH
Located just a short drive away from Columbus, through the town of Pataskala, lies the exciting city of Newark with plenty of homes for rent. This isn't your typical bustling city landscape. Newark is filled with lush forests, sprawling green fields and dozens of tranquil sites perfect for nature lovers. Moreover, it's a city with a rich history and many historic sites. From the old excavated hills that sawed a path for the Baltimore & Ohio Railroad to the natural beauty of the Dawes Arboretum, the atmosphere of Newark is charming, classic and friendly.
Fun Facts About Newark
- Newark is home to the world's largest basket, which doubles as the seven-story headquarters of the Longaberger Basket Company. It's roughly 160 times larger than the company's medium basket and a renowned roadside attraction.
- Blackhand Gorge is a park filled with whispering creeks, high stone rock faces and thick green foliage. It's perfect for exploring or a day trip all year round, but especially in the spring and fall. Don't forget to hike the hillside cut in two for the old B&O Railroad.
- There are several family-friendly museums great for a day trip and learning about the city's history, including the Works Museum, Webb House Museum, the National Heisey Glass Museum and several others.
Helpful Resources for Newark Renters
- Potential residents can find dozens of helpful tips, resources and links on the city's official Web page, including information about city services, the local government and the city newsletter.
- For families, there is a comprehensive city school system website with information on everything from the lunch menu to enrollment information. The city website also lists several private schools within the area in a link to the local yellow pages.