Find Houses for Rent in Del City, OK
Located in the Greater Oklahoma City Metropolitan area, Del City, Okla., offers families looking for homes for rent great job opportunities and excellent schools.
7 Facts About Del City for Renters
- Del City became part of the state in 1948 and was founded by developer George Epperly.
- The city was named after Epperly's daughter, Delaphene.
- The town was part of the 1870s Arbuckle Trail - a Texas to Kansas cattle trail.
- Del City is only 3 miles from Oklahoma City.
- Del City is the hometown of wrestler and two-time Olympic gold medal winner John Smith. An NFL player, Bob Kalsu, also attended Del City High School.
- The city's largest industry is Midwest Trophy Manufacturing, which has half of its employees in the nation located in Del City.
- Other major companies located in Del City that offer employment opportunities are Tinker Logistics Center and Quad Graphics.
Key Resources for Del City Renters
- Del City has two local newspapers - the Del City Leader and the Del City News. Residents can stay updated with local events and news by visiting their websites.
- New residents can also find out about community events by visiting the city's Events Web page.
- Families can also visit the Del City Library's website to discover valuable resources in the community and learn about family-friendly events.
- Parents can find out about the local school system at the Mid-Del Schools website.
- The Del City Welcome Center can also be a helpful spot for new residents interested in learning about the community and local attractions.
- The local Chamber of Commerce also provides key resources like contact numbers for utilities at its website.
Things to Do in Del City
- Children can get involved in local sports groups. Visit the Del City Ballpark's website to find out more information.
- Del City hosts a city-wide garage sale every year in September.
- The city hosts an annual Armed Forces Day Parade in May.